Cutting Tools Chicago aka General Cutting Tools along with CJT Koolcarb are pleased to announce the addition of poly crystalline diamond tipped cutting tools. GenHam Diamond Tooling Systems is now a division of CJT Koolcarb.
The answer to today’s custom PCD tool needs with delivers to meet your demanding schedule. All diamond tooling is available in metric, fractional, wire and letter sizes as well as custom made for your specific application.
- Diamond Tipped Bearing Shoes
- Diamond Tipped Boring Tools
- Diamond Tipped Centerless Blades
- Diamond Tipped Countersinks
- Diamond Tipped Drills
- Diamond Tipped End Mills
- Diamond Tipped Engravers
- Diamond Tipped Fluting Blocks
- Diamond Tipped Form Tools
- Diamond Tipped Step Reamers
- Diamond Tipped Wear Pads
- Why use poly crystalline diamond tipped cutting tools?
As innovation continues to improve materials and manufacturing processes, it is necessary to also upgrade the tools used in today’s high-tech machines. Polycrystalline Diamond (PCD) tools have exceptional wear resistance, high thermal conductivity, and an extremely low coefficient of friction. These tools can out perform carbide tools 50-100 times, reduce machine downtime, and increase the quality of your products.
PCD is therefore quickly replacing carbide as the premier non-ferrous cutting tool material. When properly manufactured to the right specifications, by the right company, PCD tools are the most cost-effective choice. GenHam Diamond Tooling is dedicated to manufacturing PCD and PCBN tools, whether new, retipped or resharpened. This allows us to provide you with the best product and service possible.
Benefits poly crystalline diamond tipped tooling can bring to your shop
- Longer Tool Life (50-100 times carbide)
- Reduced Down Time for Tool Changes
- Reduced Tooling Cost per Part
- Increased Production Capacity with Minimal Investment
- Excellent Compatibility with Automated Operations
- Improved Product Quality
Polycrystalline Diamond (PCD) Advantages
- Superior Hardness
- Excellent Wear Resistance
- Good Fracture Resistance
- High Thermal Conductivity
- Extremely Low Coefficient of Friction