Cutting Tools Chicago aka General Cutting Tools is proud to sell Melin tools. Melin Tool Company has continued to expand their product lines adding hundreds of new tools with large, full color photographs for reference.
New sizes in existing series as well as all new complete series additions highlight this new version by Melin.
Melin has a complete offering of tools including:
- High Performance Carbide End Mills
- General Purpose, Special Use, and Metric End Mills; Carbide Blanks
- Carbide Drills – Including new coolant fed drills!
- Carbide Threadmills
- Powdered Metal End Mills
- HSS and Cobalt HSS End Mills
- High Performance Tool Holders
- Carbide Burrs
Coatings are also prominently featured as Melin has recently added in house coating capabilities in order to better control quality, increase coated tool inventories and reduce time to coat tools.
Family owned and operated since 1940, Melin Tool began as one of the early manufacturers of end mills. Today, Melin Tool continues to be a leader in offering an ever-expanding product line of our high quality end mills and other cutting tools such as our new countersinks, drills, thread mills, and other high performance and specialty tools.
Melin Tool also provides many different value adding features:
- All tools are CNC finish ground.
- Inventories are sufficient to ship orders usually the same day.
- Friendly, courteous sales associates to help find tools that will suite your needs.
- Complete line of carbide end mills … including many high performance carbide tools
- Most HSS tools are produced using M42 cobalt, but priced at M7 prices.
- Certified quality system (ISO 9001:2000) to help insure tools meet or exceed your tolerances.
- Excellent inventory of “in between” 1/64th sizes so that you can get the exact tool needed for the job.
Our extensive product line consists of thousands of standard tools. Many new high performance and specialty tools have been added or expanded in our latest catalog … including a complete line of countersinks! Nearly all tools are available with TiN (titanium nitride), TiCN (titanium carbonitride), or AlTiN (aluminum titanium nitride) coating to minimize tool wear. Diamond and black oxide coating are also available by special request. Special end mill quotes can be submitted at any time.
Other useful tools available at Melin Tool:
- Online tool search capabilities complete with current inventory and delivery information.
- Online open order searching for checking on backordered tools.
- Software for converting another end mill manufacturer tool names to Melin tool names.
- Distributor listings on the Melin web site.
- End mill use educational information upon request or online.
Melin Tool cutting tools are available exclusively through industrial distributors located in principal metalworking centers in the United States and throughout the world. Our network of Sales Representatives provide in-depth assistance to General Cutting Tool and their customers.