Pro features in a small footprint machine.
Techniks distributor Chicago – General Cutting Tools
Should I use shrink fit?
If you do high speed, or high torque machining you should seriously consider the benefits of shrink fit technology. Your investment will pay for itself many times over.
Change tools in only 6 seconds.
With shrink fit toolholders vibration is reduced and cutting is noticeably faster and smoother. Manufacturing times can be reduced while maintaining the quality and accuracy demanded by today’s competitive markets.
How it works.
Shrink fit uses the expansion and contraction properties of metal to provide extremely powerful tool holding. The bore is slightly smaller than the tool shank, and when heated it expands just enough to allow the tool to be inserted. When it cools, the contraction of the metal holds the cutting tool with 10,000 lbs of force.
Safe, controlled induction heat from the shrink fit machine expands the inside diameter of the tool holder bore so the tool shank can be inserted.
Automatic air cooling contracts the bore to hold the tool with up to 10,000 lbs of holding power creating an extremely rigid connection between the spindle and the cutting tool.
• Automatic air cooled after heat cycle
• Touch-screen simplicity – easy to operate
• For carbide or HSS shank sizes 1/8″ to 1-1/4″ (H6 shanks recommended)
Features and Flexibility
This machine truly has it all; touchscreen simplicity, state-of-the-art induction heating for fast tool changes, and automatic cooling cycle using your shop air.
Best of all, the ShrinkPRO state-of-the-art electrical circuitry operates on a wide range of power supply voltages from 208VAC 3 phase through 480VAC 3 phase power.
Includes Everything You Need
ShrinkPRO comes with induction rings for 1/8″ up to 1-1/4″ shank sizes. Tool seats for BT30/CAT30, BT40/CAT40, BT50/CAT50, and HSK40, 50, and 63 are included.
Quencher High-Capacity Unit
Ask about our Quencher version of this unit that cools tools in only 30 seconds – ideal for production environments.
Shrink Fit Tooling Features & Benefits
10,000 lbs. Holding Power
- T.I.R. 0.0002″ max.
- Permits increased feeds & speeds
- All but eliminates the chance of slippage
Shrink Fit Tool Changing
- Change tools in as little as 6 seconds
- Pre-set tools off-line
- Eliminate collets and nuts
- No need to use torque wrenches or vises
- Works with carbide and HSS tools
- Permits increased chip load
- Improved accuracy and repeatability
- Improved carbide tool life and reduced tooling costs
- Increase spindle bearing life
One-Piece Tool Holder
- Best possible balance
- Thin profile for machining hard to reach areas
- Allows short gauge lengths for increased rigidity
General Cutting Tools is a complete Techniks tool seller. Contact us for more information on ShrinkFIT or any other Techniks products.